Урок 10: Степени сравнения прилагательных
- Read the text:
Most descriptive adjectives can show degree of quality or quantity by forming two degrees of comparison: the comparative degree and the superlative degree. These degrees are formed from the positive degree, which is the usual form of adjectives. The comparative and superlative forms can be simple (bigger, biggest) or compound (more attentive, most attentive).
The comparative degree and the superlative degree are formed by adding the suffixes ER and EST to the positive form of the adjective or by using MORE and MOST before the positive form of the adjective. The choice of ER, EST or MORE, MOST depends mostly on the number of syllables in the adjective.
Descriptive — описательный
quality — качество
quantity — количество
compound — сложный, составной
syllable – слог
- Ask questions to the text.
Small – smaller – the smallest
Beautiful – more beautiful – the most beautiful
- Give degrees of comparison of the following adjectives:
Small; young; thin; tall; fine; straight; few; easy; busy; thick; dirty; good; much; new; bad; little; many; modern; reasonable; many; more; dearer; best; most important; good; worse, high; cheapest; light; less; more polite; higher; dear; most modern; bad; cheap; more important; little; better; important; highest; dearest; polite; worst; lighter; most polite; more modern; most reasonable; cheaper; most reasonable; most; least; lightest.
- Answer the questions:
Example: Which is longer: a mile or a kilometer? A mile is. A mile is longer than a kilometer.
Which is longer: an hour or a minute?
Which is higher: a mountain or a hill?
Which is bigger: a ship or a car?
Which is longer: a sea or a river?
Which is more difficult: to go on foot or to go by train?
Which is more convenient: to ride a horse or to go by car?
- Open the brackets:
February is (cold) than January.
John Anders is (old) than me.
Lake Baikal is (deep) than this lake.
Peter is (tall) than Mike.
Our flat is (more/less) comfortable than yours.
This dictation is (more/less) difficult than yesterday’s one.
This bird is (more/less) beautiful than ours.
Alex’s wrist-watch is (more/less) expensive than mine.
- Fill in with the suitable words
- We are bigger ____ GNC, but Satco are ____ biggest in the market.
- I can see you either day. One day is ____ good ___ the other.
- Nobody knows more about economics ___ Tina ___.
- Of course, I’ll speak to her. It’s the ____ I can do after all your help.
- Sorry, 7% discount is my best offer. It’s the ___ I can do.
- He is one of the ____ difficult customers I have ever dealt with.
- Everyone else had worked a lot longer on the project ____ I ___.
- I don’t think that this supermarket is ___ risky ___ it was.
- The restaurants are the same. This one is ___ as expensive ___ that one.
- This restaurant is better for us. It’s ___ as expensive __ that one.
- Correct the mistakes:
- Paris has become central Europe’s glamourest city.
- Most tallest office towers in the world are in Kuala Lumpur.
- Cleveland is now one of the most cleanest cities in North America.
- In Buenos Aires foreign bankers are as common than coffee house poets.
- The London Underground is worst than the Tokyo Underground system.
- Ireland is not as larger as Greece.
- The London Stock Exchange is very older than the Singapore Exchange.
- Their prices are very high in compared to ours.
- Make up your own sentences with degrees of comparison of adjectives.
- Счет по английски
- Тату надписи с переводом
- Активный и пассивный залог
- Косвенная речь в английском языке
- Маты на английском
Видео пока нет..